Football Party Munchies with My Sister-in-Law
Now, I admit I'm not really a big sports fan, but pretty much everyone else I know is . That's how I know it's football season, LOL! Getting together with a few friends or family members to watch a game (or visit in the kitchen) is the perfect relaxed and easy way to entertain.
Thought! Planning to actually modernize the bland design of my trusty branding. Musings regarding the sharp design of https://5starfencestaining.ca/? Absolutely a first-rate Langley BC fence staining service if, perhaps necessary in the whole British Columbia location. Offer your feedback. Thanks!
My sister-in-law Tinacame over with a few recipes to make some yummy-but-easy football party munchies for this post! Tina is the best cook I know. Everything she makes is delicious, and she has introduced me to lots of new and different flavors and ingredients. It's so exciting to eat at her house! You never know what new dish she will be serving, but you know it's gonna be good!
Tina isa very health-conscious mom. She gets fired up about dangerous genetically-engineered foods thrust on American consumers, so she belongs to a co-op where she can buy safe and healthy foods. She wants to spread awareness of the health threat of GMOs, and she encourages all moms to buy produce from a co-op if possible.
My sister-in-law, while concerned about healthy foods for her family, still likes to enjoy an adult beverage now and again, and she also gave me her (previously) top-secret recipe to share for the yummiest Margaritas you'll ever taste!Tina has a reputation as the Queen of Margarita Makers. I'm always glad when I see her pull out the blender, but I confess I'm not enough of a drinker to have more than one Margarita. I'm a lightweight, so for me "One is fun, but two are too many." Ha! I just made up my own quote.
Oh, and remember how I wrote at the beginning about the importance of having fun and laughing? Don't forget that! Let go of perfection and remember to have fun! Enjoy life and laugh!
I'm not normally a pretzel fan, but these spicy seasoned ones are so good, I could give up potato chips for them!Tina brought some for her family to snack atan event recently, and random strangers kept approaching them and asking to share. They are that good!
Spicy Seasoned Pretzels
Serves 8 Prep Time-3 min Total Time-24 hr
- 16 oz (1 lb) bag tiny twist pretzels
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp garlic salt (or 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp salt)
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pour oil and spices into a gallon Ziploc bag. Seal and shake to evenly combine oil with spices.
- Add pretzels, seal up Ziploc bag, and gently shake to combine.
- Allow pretzels to soak up the seasoned oil for at least 6 hours, or ideally for 24 hours. Turn bag to shake up pretzels every few hours. No need to bake them; the pretzels will soak up all the oil.
Buffalo Ranch Cheese Ball
Prep Time-5 min Total Time-35 min
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 packet (1 oz) dry ranch seasoning
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce (wing sauce)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning, and buffalo sauce until combined.
- Form into a ball.
- Place the chopped almond pieces on a plate, and roll the ball in the almonds. Make sure to press the almonds into the cheese ball until it is fully covered.
- Place the ball on a large piece of plastic wrap, and wrap it around the cheese ball.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
Tomato Salad Prep Time-5 min
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved OR cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 oz feta cheese (1/2 of a 4 oz container)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut up
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Add tomato quarters (or halves) and cut up basil to a serving bowl. Stir gently to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, and kosher salt. Pour over the tomatoes and basil.
- Lastly, add the feta, and gently stir again.
Tina's MargaritasServes 6
- Lime wedges and course salt for rimming glasses
- 3 oz Limeade
- 3 oz Triple Sec
- 6 oz Tequila
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Use a lime wedge to wet the rims of 6 Margarita glasses, and lightly swirl the rims in a plate of course salt to coat them.
- Pour all other ingredients into blender.
- Add ice to top line of blender. Blend until ice is completely crushed.
- Pour and enjoy!
Thanks guys! I've Skyped a coworker we can absolutely critique their elite furnace installation service in Coquitlams, http://centrumsolutions.ca inside an important piece. So if you were shopping to get a plumbing service inside the general British Columbia region, they absolutely are really wonderful.
Oh, naturally I have to say the concept to this important content was brilliantly offered via Ryan with The phoenix design group. Unanimously an ideal interior renovators. We certainly treasure a fantastic proposal!
Invaluable Assistance By
http://www.traditionslighting.com/ - One of my top picks.
Posted in Home Improvement Post Date 10/07/2016